When Fillers Aren't Enough
Dermal fillers is a treatment that involves an injection to resolve the common signs of aging: wrinkles and volume loss on the face. It can also improve definition and symmetry for younger patients.
Often formulated with hyaluronic acid (a naturally occurring sugar in the body that's responsible for moisture and lubrication), fillers can erase mild to severe wrinkles and fill out sagging tissues or hollows formed by the depletion/deterioration of collagen and fat.
Fillers work best on patients who:
- need to smooth out some wrinkles and creases on their face
- want to plump up their cheeks
- reshape their lips
- fill out undereye bags
Because fillers "fill", it's important for patients to understand that hyaluronic acid is added to your tissues. Therefore, while it has done some amazing things for our patients, there are some limitations on what it can do.
- Excessive loose skin and prominent jowls may be improved to a certain extent with fillers, however only a certain amount can be injected before it the result is an unnatural. Too much may distort your natural beauty!
- Fillers aren't designed to improve the texture or tone of your complexion.
- Fillers is a temporary solution, since results typically last 6-8 months (or longer depending on the type of product used).
So, if you're looking for something dramatic and have pronounced sagging, then fillers may not be for you.
Ask an expert for the right answers.